Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Soft Spots.

Everybody has them.  Some may call them weaknesses, I like to refer to them as that tiny little part of you that has grown soft...not something to be marked in the loss column.

I have a long list of them, a sampling of which includes:  My two adorable nieces, bear hugs, hand holding in the car, hydrangeas and peonies (note the picture above taken outside my Aunt Frannie's house this summer!), greeting cards, toast and coffee in the morning, Ellen Degeneras (can't look away when the woman is speaking--I just love her), VW bugs, babies, etc.......

WELL,  I have come across one soft spot that I think I need to harden up on a bit....

Dove Chocolates!

My co-teacher at one of the school's I work at keeps a big jar of these wonderful little chocolatey pieces of goodness in her teacher's cabinet.  She so kindly showed them to me during one of the first weeks of school and MAN, I am hooked.  I'm not sure what I enjoy more, the daily once of chocolate around 11 AM just as I begin having a slight appetite for lunch...OR the awesome little message that each piece contains--I'm a sucker for that part.

Well regardless, it's a soft spot that I intend to work on.  Not that a little piece of chocolate will kill ya, but I have found myself saying, welllll, that one's message wasn't that great, maybe I'll try for a better one....

Ok, your turn, what are some of your soft spots?!  Your favorite little things that you just can't deny....I'd love to hear them!

                                                 Canadian Freebies: Dove Chocolate… Hurry!


Lots and love and wishes for a little joy throughout your day,
Beth

3 comments:

  1. Unfortunately my growing soft spot is my belly. That soft spot is growing due to my other two soft spots: chocolate chip cookies and a cold beer with some good conversation. In summary that makes one high calorie food, one high calorie beverage, and one sedentary activity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my soft spots are jelly beans, candy corn, and wine...num! good post, beth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Paul, I'm with you there! Dad's Chocolate Chip Cookies especially! I'd love to sit around and have a beer (or wine with you, Lib) any time. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete