Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Halloween!

It has been a fun week of Halloween festivities, especially at my work sites with all the kiddos set a buzz over the exciting traditions of the season.  Picking out costumes, decorating their houses (has the decor not been amped up quite a bit over the years?!), and of course, buying their favorites candy choices all top the list. 

At one of my sites, we had a very successful Halloween show complete with poems, jokes, and songs--all surrounding this festive holiday.  Parents came, treats were shared, and all left with smiles.  We had a number of princesses, two pirates, Strawberry Shortcake, Superman, Batman, Spiderman, a shark, a unicorn, a fairy, a bumblebee, Spongebob, a kitty, a skeleton, Wonderwoman, a witch, and even a Queen show up to preschool for the show.  Personally, I went the football player route, complete with black paint under my eyes and shoulder pads to really drive the point home, I failed to get a picture on my camera of my outfit, but here's a shot of the crew--it was a fun day : ).




In the household I'm living in as a nanny, we have a gangster, a lioness, a hippie, and a clone trooper (from Star Wars)--I have found myself eating dinner with these characters at multiple points throughout the week : ).


Although these activities have added to the excitment surrounding the holiday, there's nothing like the satisfaction of setting aglow your jack o' lantern for the season!  I enjoyed the company last night of Shawn, one of my Amate buds, Emily, and her fiance George as I tackled this fun and messy tradition.
One of my favorite memories from my childhood is when we'd all finish our pumpkins and test out their beauty in our darkened kitchen.  We did the same last night, and I'd say we had great success. 

Thanks for having us over, Em!  Love you guys.

I hope you all enjoy your traditions this weekend and have lots of treats while you're at it!

                                             In order from left:  Me, Shawn, Emily, George : ).

No comments:

Post a Comment