Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Wedding Bells

One thing that is definitely true about me is that I. love. weddings.  Everything about them.  The traditions, the details, the little things that make each couple unique, all parts that make the celebration of two people's commitment pretty fun to be a part of. 

As I enter my early twenties, attending weddings has already become a definite theme in my life which I, of course, have enjoyed!  Hopefully as I get older I can find a way  to make this pattern continue....Hmmm, maybe I'll have to become a wedding singer (a fun way to make extra cash that Shawn and I actually have joked about...)?!  : )

But anyway, my reason for bringing up my adoration for marriage and the excitement that surrounds it, is that I was lucky enough to share in my good friend, Kelsey's wedding day just a month ago today, on October 2nd.  For the day, I was her personal attendant and truly enjoyed my role as her "go-to-gal". 

Being around as Kelsey got ready in the morning was my favorite part of the day.  As she zipped up her dress and touched up her makeup, I couldn't help but think about how fast time had gone since we first met  in the Fall of 2005 as freshmen at St.Ben's .  She not only lived down the hall from me on our dorm floor, "Aurora C", but she also was in my Symposium class--a class that met every other day throughout our entire first year.  As fellow small town girls, Kelsey and I bonded quickly.  She is a great pal and I have lots of great memories that include her as we made our way through college.  Thanks for making me a special part of your wedding day, Kels.  I wish you every bit of happiness in the future!

Buds (Sophomore year)....


and now....

                                                                 Bachelorette Party

Hanging with the bridesmaids

                                                            The beautiful Gretsch sisters!

Have a great Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. congrats kels and we know how MUCH you LOVE weddings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful story about us two. lol I miss you dearly

    ReplyDelete